Chilliwack Rotary Outdoor Pool
CHILLIWACK ROTARY OUTDOOR POOL
46245 Reece Avenue
Owned by the City of Chilliwack and operated by Recreation Excellence through a management agreement with the City of Chilliwack. This outdoor pool offers public swimming, swimming lessons, and special events. The season runs from May to September.
Please view our Rates and Schedules as presented in the PDF attached.
Please help us avoid disruptions to the pool schedule by adhering to the below guidelines:
Please do not go swimming if you are feeling unwell, especially if you have an upset stomach. Do not bring your child to swimming lessons if they are feeling unwell, have diarrhea, are vomiting (or have vomited in the past day), or have a cough.
- Please take a cleansing shower with soap before swimming;
- remember to follow proper handwashing etiquette.
- Non-toilet trained infants/toddlers and participants who experience incontinence MUST wear leak-proof swim pants or garments of a similar nature.
- Regular diapers may not be worn in the pool, the absorbent material in them will clog the pool filters.
- Take children for frequent bathroom breaks, ensure your child uses the bathroom prior to entering the pool and if it appears your child needs to use the bathroom during swimming , take him/her to the washroom immediately!
- Change diapers in the change rooms and not at the pool side. Dispose of diapers properly and clean up the diaper changing area. If you need assistance in disinfecting the changing area, please contact the aquatic staff on duty, or let the front desk know.
Remind children to avoid swallowing the pool water.
- Please do not eat immediately before entering the pool and do not go swimming for one hour after eating.
In the unfortunate event that our pool water is contaminated with fecal matter or vomit, facility staff are required to close the affected pool in order to properly disinfect the water and ensure water quality is within the appropriate range set by the Public Health Act before swimmers can re-enter the pool. This process can take anywhere from 20 minutes to several hours depending on the severity of the contamination. Your compliance is greatly appreciated.